Friday, April 11, 2014

That is a word that sure does pack a punch when you say it!! PRIORITIES

I have really been trying to focus more on my priorities and make sure they are in line, which I know will make everything run much more smoothly!

First and foremost my relationship and talks with God everyday are a major priority. It focuses me, aligns me with my creator and I feel sets my day on the right path. Now....I tend to get in my way on that daily path and sometimes there are a lot of swerves and near crashes but it's nice to know that I can calm myself by stopping, praying and regrouping.

My second priority is and has always been my husband. Even before my children you ask? Yes. Why? Because when things are right and in line with my groom and partner for life, things with my children are easier to deal with. We parent together, we make decisions together and even though we didn't always agree on punishments or whatever when our kids were younger - we were united. If we needed to chat about punishment and things we did so in private away from the kids. Our priority was and still is to raise them to be responsible, caring and loving young men and I couldn't be prouder of the young men my husband and I were given to raise!

Now, when it comes to priorities with my art, I unfortunately become a bit A.D.D.
I work great under pressure but that stresses me out and I've really tried to get my life to a point where there is little to no stress. It just makes living so much better you know!! I'm busier than I have ever been with my art and that is a great thing and I'm trying to put things in order and prioritize to make things run much more smoothly. You did notice that I used the word "trying".  I make lists to keep in order what I need to do and then write more lists when I can find the first list. I start spouting off all the things that were on my list and then my hubby will grab a pad of paper and write a list of the things I spouted off and inevitably his is always more complete and accurate of what I need to get done.

So.....as you can see I am trying! Putting my priorities in order that will make my life easier, enjoyable and rewarding! Both personally and professionally!  It takes work but then again, doesn't everything? My personal relationship with Jesus takes work. My relationship with my husband and kids take work. My relationship with friends certainly takes work and sometimes I have to realize it might be a priority for me but not for the other person. That's when it's time for me to realign my priorities and make sure I'm not spending too much time on something that no amount of work on my part is going to make better. My ART takes work and sometimes takes over so I have to remind myself of my priorities and make sure they are in ORDER!!

Hope that helps you think about your priorities in life and inspires you to evaluate your list! Remember, it takes work and all the things I listed above are worth that work and time ten fold!!

Have a blessed day!
Will post my word for next week on Monday!

Smiles,
Sandy

No comments: