Monday, January 20, 2014

My forth word for the year  is ~ 
EMPTY
It's a word that might stump you a bit. So, let me explain where I'm coming from and what I'm hoping to really focus on this week with this word.

This word EMPTY has really been on my heart since November. Some might view it as a negative word but I'm really looking at it in a more positive light.

There is a song by Christian artist Chris Sligh that I love! This is a snippet of the lyrics ~




Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition 
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So i can be
Filled with you

I want to empty myself of fear that is holding me back for whatever reason from doing things whether it's in my business or friendships. I think a lot of times it's fear of rejection, fear of failing, and also fear of being hurt that hold me back.

I also want to EMPTY myself of the negative thoughts that sometimes creep into my head like - your not skinny enough, your not good enough, etc. I know when I EMPTY myself of the NEGATIVE things I will make more room for the POSITIVE things! 

I'll write more about this word and how it showed up in my week on Friday! 
Have a great day!
Sandy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great post I can relate to so much thanks for giving me something for myself to think about

Interior Designers Manhattan said...

I really enjoyed your blog posts thank you.