Friday, July 31, 2020

Steampunk Art Doll - A Vintage Girl Wings

Steampunk Art Doll

I fell in love with Candy Rosenberg's A Vintage Girl chipboard pieces and knew that I had to create with them!!! You can check out all of her amazing products here - A Vintage Girl Shop 

The body/neck/head and hat will be available as a kit soon! I have other "art dolls" on my website HERE


This is the chipboard set that I used - the wings are amazing and so intricate!!!

I painted her with my all time favorite - DecoArt Media Products!!! OOPS - notice I left out Cobalt Turquoise Hue from the pic 



Of course I also painted her with my FAVORITE Brushes by Dynasty - you can get them HERE and use promocode: sandymc for an additional discount!

Here are some things I did to create my Steampunk Art Doll!!
I painted the wings with Gesso first and then them dry. Then I painted with Media Fluid Acrylics Medium Grey. I added some English Red Oxide to the wings but didn't cover up all of the grey. Next, I painted a wash of Raw Umber over the wings and let dry. Then I dry brushed some Cobalt Teal Hue and a touch of Titan Buff to give more a patina metal look - I love the way they turned out!







I drew out her shape and then painted the background (that I also gesso'd) with Cobalt Turquoise Hue

I started painting her outfit and decided she need a tulle-like skirt - so I used a palette knife to alternate before gesso and fluid acrylics to give her a fuller skirt with yummy texture!



FACETIME!!
I drewa a simple face and hair and then outlined it all with an Identi-pen
I love that you can paint over those pens without them smearing or running!!


Added more details to her face and hair and then outlined her eyes again with the Identi-pen as well as added some eyelashes


I used an Andy Skinner stencil on the hat and absolutely love the way it turned out! Then I added some of the chipboard buttons that came with the wings. Painted them up with the fluid acrylics and attached them with glue



I love that their logo was on the chipboard as well and I knew I wanted to incorporate that into the design! So i cut it off the sheet - antiqued it a bit with Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Titanium White and a little black.
I glued the wings and A Vintage Girl as if she is holding it with hot glue
I ordered 3 other sets of chipboard wings from A Vintage Girl and cannot wait to create with them!! Such a great company owned by a BOSS!!  Check out their products TODAY - HERE



Happy Creating, Sandy
If you haven't followed my blog - I'd love it if you did

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

love the step-by-step creation of that awesome lady

Sandy McTier said...

Thank you so much! She was fun to create!!!!